Please Register For Full Access To Merlin Warez ×

My own recipe for poached Salmon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I want a hot meal with salmon, I use the poaching recipe above, it makes a fantastic sauce.  You can pair it with any fresh veg have.  If I want it to accompany a salad, I wrap it in foil  and cook in the oven and leave to cool.  I would never dream of grilling or frying salmon, that's just nasty to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 10:55 AM, koolrebel said:

For me salmon has to be fully cooked I don't like the under cooked way that professional chefs say it needs to be. If its dry make a sauce for it I say lol

That's OK Kool, just cook it as you like it... in this recipe, when you return the salmon to the sauce to warm through, it's

thoroughly cooked in that process.  I myself, like fish 'just cooked' if it goes over, it can taste a bit dry and bland.

• Thanks 1
On 6/22/2021 at 2:24 PM, Makara said:

I've tried eating fresh Salmon multiple times and i just don't like it ... compared to  wild trout it's tasteless to me ... it's just my personal preference but here's the weird thing i do like Salmon from a tin .... their is just way more flavour (in my opinion of course)  ... it maybe just the process of cooking Salmon in a tin ... that i like 

Tinned salmon makes epic fish cakes.... oh my, they are delish.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1