Please Register For Full Access To Merlin Warez ×

Middle-class home comes to light in Pompeii Extraordinary discovery includes cupboard that had been unopened for 2,000 years

• Founder

That is incredible! Imaging how nice this home must have been in it's heyday. Middle class Romans cooking, cleaning, entertaining, relaxing and raising a family. Shopping, going to social events like sports, music, arts or theater. Going to the baths, swimming in the sea and all the things we do.

The last image of the decorated bowl and the image with the blue glass serving dish are amazing. Those are the things that gave me a sense of the love this home must have been filled with.

Thank you for sharing this. I may not have seen it otherwise.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Wow 1

Thank you for this Gregorius .

I love anything about Pompeii and Herculenium, for many years it's fascinated me.  Egyptology, equally so.  I have no idea why, I guess it's a glimpse into the unknown and an astonishment at how those beautiful objects could have been made thousands of years ago.  I mean, look at that glass plate, it's beautiful.

• Love 1
  • Like 1