Please Register For Full Access To Merlin Warez ×

EU law targets Big Tech over hate speech, disinformation

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder

This is a very bad step closer to global totalitarianism. No opinion should be stymied or banned as "Hate" speech.

I don't participate in subjects that are hot button topics because anything I say will be misconstrued by someone and that must be avoided by me. I don't like to hurt others with deeds or words. Only in response to direct aggression towards me or mine will draw me into it.

One example of censorship I am faced with everyday is Islam. In all media from print to the internet and everything between, Christianity is under constant attack and scoffed at to the point of utter disrespect. In contrast I challenge anyone to find one current example of the same treatment of Islam or it's "prophet" (I'm afraid to use his name because web-crawlers will read this) anywhere. It can't be done. The Salman Rushdie fatwa, the Charlie Hebdo massacre and the streets actually flowing with the blood of Christian peasants in IRAQ after the West abandoned them are just a few examples of what censorship accomplishes. Christianity is the only religion I know of that is on the target list for hate speech.

Maybe the answer should be shutting off the internet on a global basis :1819823998_rollingonthefloor:

• Thanks 1
  • Check 1

All this wokeism will eventually die a death because it's unworkable and totally ridiculous.

I for one will never shy from saying what I think and tell it like it is... tell the truth... thoughts of The King has no Clothes comes to mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Check 1

I am surrounded in every way by Muslims.

My house that use to have a local pub opposite, is now opposite a mosque.  I get on with them well and in general they are law abiding and stick to the rules and they very helpful too, especially for us older folk.

Well, everyone knows that when you create a Mosque, it creates an increase in the Muslim population who want to live near it.

I'm used to it, some have been friendly if you give them the chance, it you say hello or 'good morning' it helps, they respond.

I was chatting to a man last year about my roses and the garden, I greet him when I see him.  Then one day he got out of his car and came over to chat.  I noticed his wife getting out of the car too.  She was covered from head to toe in black cloth.  So how am I supposed to say hello to a woman who I have no idea what she looks like in future? 

This is my problem - Something is wrong, it's not gonna work.  I don't want to talk to men, I want to talk to families. 😞

• Thanks 1
  • Check 1
  • Chamberlain

I've used this example before and I'll use it again now.

A post shows 3 nasty looking Muslims. The caption reads, "These 3 Muslims raped and murdered an 11 year old girl. Share if you believe they should get the death sentence!"

Here's the rub. There was no rape and there was no murder, no 11 year old girl and no 3 Muslim rapists. The whole thing is made up!

The whole purpose of the post is to spread propaganda and get people to hate Muslims!

This is the type of thing they are trying to stop!

• Check 1
  • Chamberlain

The topic isn't about Muslims or about free speech. It's about the promotion of hate.

The example I used mentioned Muslims. It could have been Mexicans or Indians or just about any other ethnic group.

Misinformation and the promotion of hate is rampant on social media.

It needs to be stopped!

• Thanks 1
  • Check 1