Please Register For Full Access To Merlin Warez ×
Gethin

Best Band Names Game

The Evpatoria Report

The Evpatoria Report are one of the most known Swiss post-rock/instrumental bands. The band was formed in January 2002, and it consists of two guitarists, a bassist, a drummer, and a violinist/keyboardist.

• Thanks 1

Kraftwerk (German:  lit. "power station") are a German band formed in Düsseldorf in 1969. Widely considered innovators and pioneers of electronic music, Kraftwerk were among the first successful acts to popularize the genre.

ZDWMClW.jpg

• Love 1

Gotthard

Gotthard are probably Switzerland’s best known rock band, with eleven of their albums topping Swiss music charts over the years. Coming out of Lugano in the canton of Ticino, their style is heavily based on good old American rock n roll with plenty of layered guitar riffs, pounding drums and grungy vocals, amid the occasional rock ballad.

• Thanks 1

Hecht

Don’t worry if you can’t understand their guttural Swiss-German, Zurich’s rock-pop band Hecht will have you bouncing around with their upbeat and catchy guitar riffs regardless.

• Thanks 1

Primus

Primus Albums Ranked – Return of Rock

Primus is an American rock band formed in El Sobrante, California in 1984. 

Genres: Alternative metal, funk metal, experimental rock, progressive rock

Years active: 1984–2000, 2003–present

• Thanks 1

I Nomadi (meaning "Nomads") is an Italian band formed in 1963 and still present on the music scene

mncCV5E.jpg

I Nomadi in 1972

Their first hit was 1966's "Come potete giudicar" (How Can You Judge, which was actually the cover of Sonny Bono's "The Revolution Kind"), anthem of the Italian beat generation, which exemplifies the clash between hippies and conservatives. In the wake of this success i Nomadi came into contact with a young and then unknown writer, Francesco Guccini, who would go on to give them other successes: "Noi non ci saremo" ("We Won't Be There"), "Dio è morto" ("God is Dead"), "Canzone per un'amica" ("Song for a Friend").

Their great success continued in the following years. Hits included "Io Vagabondo" ("I, Vagabond"), "Un pugno di sabbia" ("A Fistful of Sand"), "Un giorno insieme" ("One Day Together"), "Tutto a posto" ("Everything Settled"), "Voglio ridere" ("I Want to Laugh").

I Nomadi's political commitment is particularly evident in some songs such as "Primavera di Praga" ("Prague Spring"), written by Guccini and dedicated to Czech student Jan Palach.

Yazoo (known as Yaz in North America) were an English synth-pop duo consisting of former Depeche Mode member Vince Clarke (keyboards) and Alison Moyet (vocals)

OVUUiVV.jpg

Vince Clarke and Alison Moyet of Yazoo (1982)