Please Register For Full Access To Merlin Warez ×
Gethin

Yum, Yuck, Meh or ?

On 5/21/2022 at 1:28 AM, Merlin said:

?

I don't mean the ? in a bad way only that I'd never heard of that. It sounds like an interesting idea or at the very least something very different from the ordinary soda. Is it sugar free? What size are those bottles? 1/2L, 1L, 2L? Is it very carbonated? How is preferred cold or room temperature or over ice? I really like the chronology of the bottles.

Cheetos (Original crunchy)

L2ajHWY.png

HZuxqmf.png

y7prK88.jpg

l2t0UjS.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gregorius said:

y7prK88.jpg

l2t0UjS.jpg

P.S. Rivella is a healthy and  carbonated drink that perfectly accompanies lunches, picnics, physical activities and even lazy days at home. With its low calorie content, sparkling and non-alcoholic Rivella Blue is a healthy alternative to other carbonated drinks.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2022 at 4:18 PM, Gregorius said:

I say Yum even though I've never eaten it.

Rivella Cake

mpgN6HR.jpg

YUM!

Cool Whip

6Uldi2V.jpg

• Love 1

Yum

Poi

What is Poi?

from a web page:

Anyone who has traveled to Hawaii and attended a luau has heard of poi. But what is it and what is it made of?
• Poi is made from the corm of the taro plant.
• Did you know that Taro is eaten around the world and is the 14th most cultivated crop on Earth? But only the Hawaiians used it to make poi.
• The corm is baked, steamed or in the traditional way put in an imu (underground oven).
• It is then pounded and mashed with a stone called, pohaku ku`i `ai, until it reaches the desired consistency.
• The consistency of the poi is referred to as two-finger or three finger poi- (how many fingers you need to scoop out and eat the poi). Of course today you’d use a spoon instead of your fingers.
• Poi is considered a sacred and important part of Hawaiian life. You’ll find it at every luau.
• Some research has shown that poi may help fight colon cancer by killing cells in the colon. There are so many benefits to poi but some people just don’t like the taste. Here’s my tip on how to eat poi. First, take a bite out of your pork or fish then take a spoonful of poi.

I've tried this only once when my nephew was stationed in Hawaii. He flew some back with him on a leave. Enough for the family feast that day. He loved it. I wasn't so impressed. It didn't taste bad but it wasn't good either. It was really just a wet paste that went well with the BBQ Chicken that day.

Poi?      XNbjDQx.jpg

If the Hawaiian Idols and the Greek Gods could have eaten mashed potatoes they would have declared it the sacred food par excellence instead of the nectar of the Gods.

8i0zeYc.jpg

Yuck!! (Sorry, I don't really like peanut butter. I like celery even less, in fact I hate it)

Fairy Tale Cake

1SbYHvO.jpg

Posted (edited)

Yum

Frey Supreme Bar – Dark Chocolate with Caramel & Sea Salt

UAqkAPl.jpg

Edited by Gregorius
  • Yum 1

YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!!

Toblerone  fine Swiss chocolate 

INcf9zA.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The distinct pyramidal shape of the bar lent its name to the Toblerone line, a series of anti-tank emplacements prevalent in Switzerland's border areas
oQj226M.jpg

Moss-covered anti-tank pyramids, commonly referred to as "Toblerones"
(Panzersperre)  - Begnins VD, Switzerland

Posted (edited)

Yum (I like all types of lettuce except radicchio because it has a bitter taste)

Creamed Spinach

7BPHu0K.jpg

Edited by Gregorius
  • Yum 1

Yum (creamed spinach is one of my favorite green vegetable dishes - I could eat it every day)

Malt-O-Meal

eQoalFc.png

This hot cereal has malt added. Just needs a little butter and brown sugar.

• Yum 1

Posted (edited)

YUM, YUM

Rice Crem

O40lEbr.jpg

I know that rice cream is a food that newly weaned babies eat, but I have always liked it and I eat rice cream during the cold season at least once a week. (A proverb says that when you get older you become a child again)
I usually use milk and in this case I add a piece of butter, chocolate powder or cinnamon and sugar.
Sometimes I use broth, in which case I add olive oil, chopped parsley and a generous spoonful of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese 

Edited by Gregorius
  • Thanks 1