Please Register For Full Access To Merlin Warez ×
Gethin

Yum, Yuck, Meh or ?

YUM!

Rumbledethumps

rumbledethumps

Yup. That’s a real thing. It is a delicious side dish made from cabbage, potato and onion with a good portion of cheese before baking in the oven.

2 hours ago, Merlin said:

YUM!

Rumbledethumps

rumbledethumps

Yup. That’s a real thing. It is a delicious side dish made from cabbage, potato and onion with a good portion of cheese before baking in the oven.

I uploaded the recipe in the thread: "Recipes Around the World".

YUM x YUM

Panettone

BZVQKEP.jpg

"Panettone" is an Italian type of sweet bread originally from Milan, usually prepared and enjoyed for Christmas and New Year.
The proofing process alone takes several days, giving the cake its distinctive fluffy characteristics. It contains candied orange, citron, and lemon zest, as well as raisins, which are added dry and not soaked. Many other variations are available such as plain or with chocolate.

KsRYada.jpg

bFwSSjs.jpg

Panettone Cova. In my opinion this is the best panettone in Milan.

Edited by Gregorius

Meh?

(I didn't know this vegetable existed. I am seeing it for the first time in my life. It's so true, you never stop learning something new!
For now I say meh because I have no idea what this vegetable tastes like. Or is it a fruit?)

Chicken & Mushrooms with Balsamic Glaze

9VQFBUR.jpg

• Yum 1

Yum!

(cut okra is used in soup called Gumbo that you may have heard of or it can be breaded and deep fried til golden brown; whole okra can be boiled or steamed until tender then buttered which isn’t as popular; in my younger days I recoiled at the boiled due to the slimy gel inside but as an adult it is very good; the flavor is mild but unique and you should try it in a chicken or seafood soup first then deep fried cut okra before going bold and tasting the whole boiled okra; you’ll be surprised how good it is; it must be available there or in Italy; if not buy some seeds and grow some it is very easy to grow - as easy as growing weeds … it is originally from Africa)

Tabasco or Hot sauce

image.jpeg.d455cd431fd6770036d8de0eda1c47bb.jpeg

image.jpeg.1ecf58db3a41df9c8cdef0aa5f575441.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Yum

Meatballs in Ragu Sauce

REx18BY.jpg

(Thank you for the information about okra. Today at the supermarket near my home I looked in the fruit and vegetable section to see if they had okra, but this vegetable was not there. In the next few days, during the Christmas holidays, I will go to Italy, to Milan. Probably in this big city it will be easier to find this vegetable.)

• Love 1

Meh?

The ideal food for risk takers: Fugu

The fugu (in Japanese) is a pufferfish, normally of the genus Takifugu, Lagocephalus, or Sphoeroides, or a porcupinefish of the genus Diodon, or a dish prepared from these fish.
Fugu can be lethally poisonous to humans due to its tetrodotoxin, meaning it must be carefully prepared to remove toxic parts and to avoid contaminating the meat.

LrbxX1d.jpg

Yuk!! 

I love croquettes but I don't like fish. I prefer meat or cheese croquettes.

Swiss cheese croquettes

rFqAb04.jpg

v6tnRo0.jpg

• Thanks 1