Please Register For Full Access To Merlin Warez ×
Rickkins

Covid-19, who's got their shot already...??

I’m still waiting for an available appt.

In the mean time I’ve read about complications ranging from minor to very serious. Some rare blood clot occurrences sounds serious. But every vaccine has risks that must be considered along with rewards.

• Thanks 2

Still waiting for appointment at this stage  The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) recommends the COVID-19 vaccine by AstraZeneca is preferred for adults over 50 years old and the Pfizer (Comirnaty) is preferred in adults aged under 50 years.

Still a bit of concern for me though given my heart condition........

• Thanks 4

had the first one  az slight side effects,but nothing to worry about.2nd   dose soon.some say it's not for the elderly[ i'm 71]

• Thanks 4

Had the Pfizer shot yesterday morning.

Lol. The nurse asked if I was ready and I said yes. I was waiting for the jab in my arm when she said "That's it!"

"What?"

"That's it. We're done!"

I didn't feel a thing. I guess when you do thousands of these a day you get pretty good at it!

So far I've had no issues at all. Feels great to finally have it done!

Where I am in Canada it's four months before the next jab.

• Thanks 3

Just got home tonight from having the AstraZenica vaccine. As always needle didn't hurt. Just have to wait now and see what comes next ....12 more weeks until shot 2.🇦🇺

• Thanks 3

I had my second Pfizer jab last week.  Just a sore arm for a couple of days.  Then I felt the need to take a nap in the afternoon the following day, but that's not unusual at my advanced age.  I sleep a lot more, I like it 😄

• Thanks 3

On 4/21/2021 at 8:05 AM, owdcodger said:

had the first one  az slight side effects,but nothing to worry about.2nd   dose soon.some say it's not for the elderly[ i'm 71]

I'm 72 at the moment and it's great to meet an owd codger the same as me... You know what they say about a creaking gate, it just keeps creaking, but it don't fall off 😉

• Thanks 2
  • Winner 1

Hey hey hey, my Grandson who is 29 at the moment got his jab & his partner too.  Get the younger people done asap.  We're getting there.

• Thanks 3

Got my 2nd shot today. There was originally supposed to be a 4 month wait but they moved it up big time. They say now there has to be at least 8 weeks between shots. For me: 8 weeks 2 days!

My original shot was Pfizer but the 2nd was Moderna. That's just fine with me!

Glad to have it behind me. Waiting patiently now for all those doors to open.

Lol.

• Thanks 2

I've had both my shots/jags my last one being in May both were AstraZenica and i had no side effects ... apparently when it comes to medication i don't suffer any side effects 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Check 1

I'm still in the waiting for my second shot of AstraZenica but no real bother so far....

With recent outbreak of the Delta strain here in Mainland Australia, South Australia my state, has closed its borders to Western Australia, Northern Territory, Queensland and New South Wales regional  Victoria and Tasmania are still ok  to enter SA but Greater Melbourne in Victoria still a risk

• Thanks 1
  • Check 1

On 6/28/2021 at 11:37 PM, Kath said:

One minute we think we're safe, the next, everything is dangerous.

half of the covid 19 deaths this past 3 weeks have been people who have been vaccinated twice all from the Indian variant ... football fans in Scotland has caused the 3rd wave in Scotland first was with Rangers fans marching through Glasgow after winning the league with fans coming from all over Scotland not masking or socially distancing and Scotland fans going down to London for the Scotland v England game including two of my nephews idiots their family's now been diagnosed as having covid 19

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2021 at 1:31 AM, Makara said:

half of the covid 19 deaths this past 3 weeks have been people who have been vaccinated twice all from the Indian variant ... football fans in Scotland has caused the 3rd wave in Scotland first was with Rangers fans marching through Glasgow after winning the league with fans coming from all over Scotland not masking or socially distancing and Scotland fans going down to London for the Scotland v England game including two of my nephews idiots their family's now been diagnosed as having covid 19

All the reports I've read about this refute the claim that already vaccinated are at risk.  Any that have, have other compromised health problems or those who think they can mingle immediately after getting their second shot, no you can't.

Yes you can be reinfected again, but if you have the jabs, it will make it less likely to kill you.

• Thanks 1

The Lambada strain (mutated in Peru) is showing signs that it' may be resistant to vaccines  and it's in the UK already 

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/fears-arise-that-lambda-covid-variant-may-be-resistant-to-vaccines/

https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/commentisfree/2021/jun/27/why-most-people-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated

deaths are on the rise in Scotland as are patients in ICU wards and hospital admissions, England is about 2 weeks behind Scotland in this 3rd wave it was started by Rangers fans marching in Glasgow in their tens of thousands from through out Scotland  

Makara, I'm sure you feel worried  by this,  but I am not so easily convinced.  I need facts and accurate figures to your claims.  I have never heard of this Lambada strain, I think it's a lot of hooie.  The infection rate may be high in some parts, but mostly they don't need hospitalisation.  Yes, some are tested positive, but they are not sick in any way. That's the path we are following, if the vaccine is working, then we will defeat this.